Fear at it's core

 Initial Thoughts: Do I really want to face my fears? If I devise a plan then I have to follow through...

Stand outs: “You know, everyone makes their own choices. Everyone has their own point at that time in their life. This is what they want to do and this is what you want to do right now, you know? And you can be effective without having to work hard.” And part of that lesson is that success is not necessarily just about working hard; it’s about making the right choices, the right decisions. (Effective Choices, Not Longer Days Jeff Hawkins)
I love the idea that you can choose how much time you want/need to spend at a task. Things become much less fun when they own us and control what we feel that we can and cannot do. My husband insists that he has to put 14 hours a day into this growing business, and I understand where he's coming from, but sometimes I really think that good enough can be good enough. I am very worried about his physical and mental health right now, as well as the possibility of burnout. I want to be mindful if I get to the point of starting a life coaching business that I remember to be in charge of my business instead of it running me. Jody More and Brooke Castillo who are Life Coaches have both set 3 days a week for work and they are both making over 7 figures in their businesses. If you set a time limit, and that is all that you allow, you will get whatever done in that time frame and it will have to be good enough. This is really hard for me as a perfectionist to actually put into practice. 

Insights: As I list my fears and go through the process of making a plan for success and a plan for "failure," the reality of how scary things are is just not as bad as my imagination. 
I think that you have to work "hard" just not long hours. I need to be mindful of figuring out how to make the best choices that accommodate both work and personal life. 
"I decided to spend an hour every night reading, thinking, and praying about why God put me on this earth. That was a very challenging commitment to keep, because every hour I spent doing that, I wasn’t studying..." (Clayton Chrsitensen) Decide now to commit the time no matter what so that the habit is there as life gets ever busier. 

Ponderings: What would I discover if I did the notebook experiment? Would I be surprised or do I already know what I love?
Why is it hard to answer the question, "What do you do for fun?" Am I putting more value into that question than there should be?

Comments