A Hero's Journey

 

Initial Thoughts: I do not want to be an entrepreneur; that’s my husband’s passion and he’s doing just fine. But there is a little part of me that is curious…

 
Stand outs: “
You have a very special mission on this earth. A mission that will succeed beyond your wildest dreams, if you have the faith and the courage to find your entrepreneurial calling.

“The hero’s journey is all about you, but it’s not about you at all.”

“At the end of life, only three questions will matter; have I contributed something meaningful? Am I a good person? And who did I love, and who loved me?


Insights: I hear echoings of my patriarchal blessing in this article and it haunts me. I am so happy to be invisible and normal, but I feel the push to find my purpose. I still feel so confused but I wonder if it is because if I can say I don’t know then I don’t have to actually do anything. I am trying to convince myself of the truth that failure is an opportunity to learn and grow, and struggle is for strength. I do not like failing, I do not like feeling stupid, I do not like doing things I don’t know how to do. I really want to know what my calling is and how to do it.

 

I am intrigued by Acton Institute and it’s promise to help students learn how to learn and learn how to live a life of meaning. This class is helping me to be introspective and to direct my life and I really enjoy it more than I would have guessed. How much more would I love an institute designed around that same thinking?

 

I will write down the 3 end of life questions in my journal and hopefully remember to look back at them often. I think they could serve as a guide to remember what matters most and as they are in my mind they could also guide my decisions.

 

Ponderings:

Do I have the courage to find my entrepreneurial calling? Why does that thought scare me so much?

Comments