Getting started

 

Initial Thoughts: I am a blank slate, I know nothing, so this should be very easy, right? I feel intimidated and a little lost as to where to start and what to say. I like parameters and rules and examples. 

Stand outs: "Do you long to be successful? Do you want to make a difference in the world? On some days, do you feel as if you were put on this earth for a purpose, and on other days feel completely lost? Are you the type of person who is moved by a heartbreaking injustice or excited by an extraordinary opportunity?" As I read these words, I could not help but wonder how this Jeff Sandefer person accessed my exact thoughts. I cannot count the amount of times these questions have run through my mind and caused anxiety to flood my body. I am ordinary, I like ordinary, I do not want to start anything or run anything or oversee anything. Yet, I feel a strong pull to do more, be more, fulfill my Patriarchal blessing’s directions. 

Insights: Lately the concept of line upon line, or from small things great things come to pass, has been popping up in different places. This week’s lesson included the advice “Choosing the life of an entrepreneurial hero begins with a paradox: you have to dream big but start with small steps.” Small steps are less intimidating and make “it” feel more achievable, whatever “it” is. Fear is my inhibitor. Is it fear of failure or fear of success? I believe small steps will help with overcoming fear and as the steps begin to happen one after the other, the “fly wheel” will pick up momentum and the small things will become bigger things without as much fear.

Ponderings: What is my paradox? How do I figure this out?

What is the first small step?

What is my personal competitive advantage?

 

 

Comments